How we can help with our freight documentation solutions
Our expert team will work with you to find out your exact requirements and tailor a solution to your needs. We will work quickly and efficiently to ensure your goods have the correct documentation, ready to be sent off to their destination.
Our connections with ports all over the world mean that we have an inside knowledge of the correct documentation and customs clearance solutions needed in order to get your goods through customs across the globe.
Our documentation services cover everything including:
Export and Import Licence
A fundamental part of your shipping’s administration, an export licence must be obtained to export specific goods around the world and the same goes for importing, you need a licence to import goods from different countries. Without a licence you could see goods confiscated and this can result in fines and even prosecution.
Seaspace International can obtain a licence for you quickly and easily to ensure your goods hold the correct paperwork and get through customs and processing quickly and efficiently.
Letters of Credit
To reduce risk in international trade, Letters of Credit may be required for exchange between exporters and buyers. This acts as a formal, legally binding agreement and guarantees payment for the sellers and goods for the buyers, giving you peace of mind and protection when exporting goods.
Our expert team at Seaspace International can advise on raising these through your bank or other financial institutions to ensure a smooth transition of freight with minimal risk.
Certificates of Origin
A Certificate of Origin is an important international trade requirement that attests goods are wholly obtained, produced, manufactured and processed. It confirms the origins of the goods and ensures that the correct tariff rates are applied.
If you’re exporting goods internationally, then you’ll need a Certificate of Origin to prove where your goods have come from. Let the Seaspace team obtain a Certificate of Origin for you and help your freight tick every box.
Customs clearance documents
Thanks to our relationship with H.M.Customs & Excise, we can work with you to arrange suitable customs clearance documents to get your freight shipped in line with industry regulations. We’ll create a bespoke customs clearance plan and arrange all relevant documentation for you so there’s no need to worry.
No matter if you’re shipping hazardous goods, oversized parcels, or just a one off shipment, we have extensive experience organising the correct documentation for a range of industries and situations.
We also offer:
- C88/SAD – used in international trade as proof of authorisation for imports, exports and transit in the country of destination
- Bills of Lading – a legal document that is like a receipt – its given by a carrier to a shipping company and details the description, quantity and destination of goods being shipped
- Air Waybills – similar to Bills of Lading except it’s used for air freight, this is a receipt which details the goods that are being transported by air
- ATA Carnets – also known as ‘Passport for goods’ it’s an international customs document for temporary import and export. When used, goods can clear customs in 87 countries and territories without paying duty and import taxes. This is valid for 12 months
- Transit forms
- Licence applications and more
Find out more
To see how Seaspace International can help with your export and shipping documentation, or to get a bespoke quote, call us on 01293 554620 or email email@example.com. We’d be happy to help you ensure your goods arrive at their destination efficiently and safely.